Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Blueberry Lemon Ice Cream


  Monday I had my niece and nephew, since they were out of school, in addition to my son so I decided to make it an all day outside kind of a day. It was almost 90 here so I decided we would make a waterslide with a sprinkler and swingset and what better way t cool down after all day in the water and sun then making ice cream? So I used a blueberry balsamic syrup, I had made previously and and will post the recipe after this one, some fresh lemons and got out the ice cream maker so they could make ice cream. On a side note I should say most of the out door photos were taken by my 5 yr old, he loves to use my camera.

You Will Need
  • Ice Cream Maker
  • 2 1/2 C Half & Half
  • 1 C Sugar
  • 2 C Heavy Cream
  • 2 Large Lemons
  • 1 C Blueberry Syrup
Mix Half & Half with the sugar and mix till sugar dissolves.

 Add juice from the lemons.

  Stir in the blueberry syrup and heavy cream.

 Pour the mixture into your machine and let it churn for at least 1/2 an hour. Once the ice cream has thickened up then put it in the freezer for 1/2 hour. Scoop and serve. You can drizzle this with honey and it would be awesome too!

No comments:

Post a Comment