Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mickey Waffle Ice Cream Sandwich

     I don't know how your neighborhood works but our ice cream man has been coming around since like February and  I am sick of T ,my son, wanting to stop him every time he drives through the neighborhood so I have been on a mission to make him treats that look tasty and yummy that he will eat. Today I was trying to decide what I was gonna make him. Looking in our freezer I saw I had some homemade blueberry ice cream so I pulled that out to let it soften. While pulling that out I saw that the hubby still had his blueberry Eggo waffles, If I had a waffle maker I would make them from scratch but sadly I am lacking many basic kitchen utensils, So I toasted two of them up. Now I had the yummy but I had to make it look appealing to a 5 year old so I went to my cookie cutter collection and pulled out my Mickey cutter and went to town making this ice cream sandwich. T loved it!

What You Will Need:
  • 2 Blueberry Waffles toasted to crispy
  • 1/2 Cup Ice Cream of your choice softened 
  • Tin Foil

    So set your choice of ice cream out to soften as you toast the waffles. Scoop your ice cream in to 1 large ball shaped scoop and 2 small ball shaped scoops and put them on a piece of tin foil and set them in the freezer while you cut the waffles.

      Toast the waffles and let them cool to where you can handle them. Cut both waffles with the cookie cutter.
     Go get your ice cream balls from the freezer and fit them to one of the waffles and set the other waffle on top.

      Wrap in tin foil and put it back in the freezer for at least and hour. I like to set mine in the ice keeper so they can freeze faster.

    Next came the big test would T eat it? I brought it out to him in the yard, since I was pretty sure it would be messy, right away he of course liked the Mickey shape. He happily devoured it !






No comments:

Post a Comment